- This event has passed.
Raise a Racially Literate Kid!
March 1 @ 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
Raise a Confident and Conscious Kid! Psychologists say the three Cs for a well rounded child are Caring, Compassion and Creativity…add Racially Conscious!
SUNDAY, MARCH 1st, 2020 – 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM
The Community Resource Center –
134 Center Avenue, Mamaroneck, NY 10543
Join CURE for this important workshop where parents and caregivers will strengthen their understanding of how to effectively address issues of race and racism with their children.
CURE is bringing The Center for Racial Justice in Education to
our community for this
four hour workshop.
- ENGAGE in both interactive activites and dialogue
- LEARN how children see race, and
- GAIN skills for approaching age-appropriate conversations using a racial equity lens.
- DEVELOP strategies to promote positive racial identity development in children, including addressing misconceptions about race and reversing unconscious racial bias.
- $100 per person – parents, guardians, caregivers and educators welcome. Scholarships available: [email protected]