This year, because of the unwavering advocacy of directly impacted people and organizations across the state, a historic package of bail, discovery, and speedy trial legislation passed in the state budget. On July 10th, join us for a #FREEnewyork Town Hall in Yonkers. You will learn details about the new legislation, hear from directly impacted individuals and understand what this legislation means for Westchester County.
Together, we will:
- CELEBRATE the thousands of people who will no longer be subject to the trauma of pretrial jailing
- ACKNOWLEDGE those who were carved out of the legislation
- STRATEGIZE the next stage of bail reform to end money bail and protect due process for all people regardless of charge.
At the Town Hall, we will hear from directly impacted people as well as our allies in this work.
RSVP FOR THE FREEnewyork Town Hall: Westchester
The event is sponsored by JustLeadershipUSA, VOCAL-NY, NYCLU, Westchester Children’s Association, WESPAC Foundation, Westchester for Change, Irvington Activists and LPS Progressive Life Services.
- Date: July 10th
- Time: 6-8 PM PM (dinner at 5:30 PM)
- Location: Yonkers Public Library (Riverfront, 1 Larkin Center, Yonkers)
- RSVP HERE
- Spread the word on Facebook& with the attached flyer
- Free & open to the public