Shareable seeks a Network Director to support the development of sharing city networks. Applicants must be able to commit to a term of at least one year as this position requires substantial relationship-building. The director will be responsible for establishing relationships with and surveying participating cities across the US and Canada, supporting sharing city network organizers and events, researching and compiling training materials, developing a manual for establishing a network, coordinating mentoring support, and promoting our sharing city policy primer. We are based in the San Francisco Bay Area, but are also seeking self-directed candidates from outside the Bay Area. This position may involve a substantial amount of travel and remote work from home.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Interest in economic transformation, community building, social justice and sustainability
• Network and community organizing experience, preferably with young adults and/or low income and diverse communities
• Experience in training, event and meeting coordination
• Excellent writing, interpersonal, communication and social media skills
This is a three-quarters time position with excellent benefits including paid vacation, sick days and holidays as well as excellent health, dental, vision, disability, retirement and life insurance. Work hours are somewhat flexible and work may be done primarily remotely. Salary is $40,000 FTE. All work travel and training expenses paid.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send:
• Email with “NETWORK DIRECTOR APPLICANT” in the subject line to Mira Luna: mira (at) shareable.net
• A brief cover letter in the body of the e-mail no more than three paragraphs long, including: interest, qualifications, relevant experience (including volunteer experience), salary requirements and how this position would fit with your other commitments
• Resume in body of email, link to online resume or attached as a PDF
• Links to or PDFs of a relevant writing sample, organizing collateral, and/or websites describing organizing efforts you’ve lead
• Three references with contacts
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Shareable is a project of Tides. Tides is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bi-cultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition including acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions. Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.
Shareable is a nonprofit news, action and connection hub for the sharing transformation – a movement of movements emerging from the grassroots up to solve today’s biggest challenges. The maker movement, collaborative consumption, the solidarity economy, open source, transition towns, open government, and social enterprise are just a few of the movements showing a way forward. The sharing transformation shows that it’s possible to govern ourselves, create a sustainable economy that serves everyone, enables everyone to lead fulfilling lives while solving the world’s biggest challenges by unleashing the power of collaboration for the common good. To learn more about Shareable, please visit http://www.shareable.net.