WESPAC Membership Dues 2013
Dear Friends and Supporters of WESPAC,
Injustices and human rights violations are being committed every day, around the world and here in our own backyards. Together, we must stand and speak out. We are stronger when we respond collectively. Without your membership support, we would not be able to be a crucial voice in Westchester that fights back and connects local and global struggles. Your support is key to our success.
Your ongoing support over the past year has allowed WESPAC to:
• Expand our local campaigns – including our food justice work, support for local, young farmers and farmers of color, and serving as a CSA drop off for the Wassaic Community Farm.
• Fight for environmental justice – WESPAC organized buses to Washington, DC and Albany in support of safe energy & green jobs.
• Continue to support Palestine solidarity – WESPAC assisted a local college student in visiting Palestine for a solidarity tour and arranged a speaking tour in Westchester with WESPAC members.
• Redevelop our website – our website is our public face viewed by our global community. The website features the organizing of our members, and we invite you to get involved.
• Strengthen progressive movement building – Our potlucks bring people together and make valuable connections among people working on diverse campaigns.
We are proud of the role that we continue to play, and we need your support to make this cherished community institution stronger! This coming year we will continue our work to:
• Support youth activism – We want to support young people and provide an intergenerational space for organizing.
• End militarism and U.S. support for wars and occupations – WESPAC has raised funds for the Know Drones work and continues to support efforts to end the use of drones.
• Ban fracking in New York State – We continue to promote safe energy, support closing Indian Point and press for a ban on fracking.
• Promote food justice and expose Monsanto – We continue to build our network of food justice advocates and alternatives to the corporate monopoly on our food supply.
Now, we urge you to renew your membership. The only way we can continue our work is with your help. Dues are $100 per person per calendar year or $50 for students and fixed income. No one is turned away for lack of funds. Volunteer hours are welcome in lieu of payment and can be arranged with the office. Please make your tax-deductible contribution today via the PayPal button at www.wespac.org. We are asking for all membership dues to be received by September 1, 2013. Thank you for supporting our work. Together we can change the world.
For the WESPAC Community,
Teresa Delgado, WESPAC Board Chair and Nada Khader, WESPAC Director