New Resources for Community Garden Info
Two New Resources for Community Garden Info in NYC
To download the report please go to: http://farmingconcrete.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/GrowNYC_CommunityGardenReport.pdf
For more information go to: http://farmingconcrete.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/GrowNYC_CommunityGardenReport.pdf
Last month, GrowNYC and GreenThumb (NYC Dept. of Parks and Recreation) released a comprehensive report about community gardens in New York City today. The report comes from a survey issued in 2009 and the first half of 2010, sent to 500 community gardens, with a nearly 50% response rate.
The 2009/2010 NYC community garden report attempts to answer a number of questions, including:
- How many community gardens are there in today?
- How many grow food, and which crops? What happens to the food?
- How does one join a garden in my neighborhood?
- What kinds of partnerships with schools and community groups do gardens have?
- What types of events take place?
…and a lot more.