Dear, Nada Khandar,
Director of WESPAC Foundation
Acknowledging your commitment and your organization’ s work on environmental issues and climate change, I want to invite you to participate in the Peoples’ World Conference on Climate Change and Mother Earth’s Rights to be held from 20th to 22nd April 2010 in Cochabamba, Bolivia.This conference is called by Bolivian President Evo Morales, as a response to the faliure on climate change negotiations in Copenhagen with the following objectives:
1) To analyze the structural and systemic causes that drive climate change and to propose radical measures to ensure the well-being of all humanity in harmony with nature
2) To discuss and agree on the project of a Universal Declaration of Mother Earth Rights
3) To agree on proposals for new commitments to the Kyoto Protocol and projects for a COP Decision under the United Nations Framework for Climate Change that will guide future actions in those countries that are engaged with life during climate change negotiations and in all United Nations scenarios, related to:
– Climate debt?
– Climate change migrants-refugees
-Forest and Climate Change?
4) To work on the organization of the Peoples’ World Referendum on Climate Change
5) To analyze and develop an action plan to advance the establishment of a Climate Justice Tribunal
6) To define strategies for action and mobilization to defend life from Climate Change and to defend Mother Earth’s Rights.
visit the website www.cmpcc.org.
For aditional information, we would like to encorage you to visit the conference website www.cmpcc.org. and make an adhesion to our call in the website [email protected].
Finally, please help us to difuse this call far and wide.
People in the United States interested in participating in this event should contact Carla Esposito, Bolivian Mission to the United Nations, Tel 212 682 8132.
With the highest considerations,
Permanent Mission to the Unated Nations
Tel 212 682 8132